At Buyfinediamonds we operate the VAT Retail Export Scheme allowing overseas visitors to be refunded VAT on all goods.
If you are visiting the UK from a country outside of the EU you may be entitled for a VAT refund from goods purchased on Buyfinediamonds. If you are an overseas visitor to the UK, to qualify for a full VAT refund you must:
1. Live outside of the European Union
2. Be leaving the United Kingdom within three months of the invoice date
3. When you leave the UK you must show the customs office the set jewellery along with the receipt and a completed VAT refund document, which must be stamped and signed by customs officer at the point of departure from the UK.
If you live in the UK and are planning to leave the EU for at least 12 month, you may be entitled to obtain a VAT refund from set jewellery (not loose gems) purchased at Buyfinediamonds
2. Stay outside the EC for at least 12 months
3. Show customs officials at departure from the EU the set jewellery purchased at Buyfinediamonds with the receipt and a completed VAT refund document which must be stamped and signed by customs.
To obtain a VAT refund at Buyfinediamonds we will provide you with a VAT 407 from. You will need to fill in the form when the purchase is made providing evidence you are eligible for a VAT refund – usually a passport. View the notes and requirements on HMRC website with this link VAT 407 form here